Location: The Nanaimo Museum Gallery, 100 Museum Way, Nanaimo
When: May 9th – June 24th, 2023
All Harbour City Photography Club members are invited to enter ONE image to this public exhibition. As there are a maximum of thirty spaces in the gallery, the club will reserve the right to select the images that will be hung. They will be chosen from the pool of digital images that are submitted at the time of registration. Successful candidates will be advised by the selection committee.
Click HERE to go directly to the Registration Form.
- The salon offers club members an opportunity to exhibit their work to the public.
- It can improve one’s photography by having to think critically about what to enter.
- It promotes the enjoyment and appreciation of photography in the wider community.
- It is a venue whereby photographers may promote and sell their work without commission.
The exhibition is OPEN. (All styles / genres)
- Editing is permitted provided all elements of the images are created by the photographer.
- Images may be mounted on foam core, metal, canvas, wood laminate, or framed.
- Hanging hardware must include picture wire that is fastened with “D” fasteners, eye hooks or toothed hangers are not recommended.
Prints must not be smaller than 8″ x 10″ or larger than 16″ x 20″ including frames. Canvas wrap images can be no larger than 16″ x 20″. Space is limited.
Cost of Entries
Exhibition Fee: $10 (non-refundable) to be paid with registration.
Hanging fees provide a “notice of intent” and as well, will be used for prizes and the Finale Gala.
Fees can be paid by:
- E-transfer to [email protected] (Add details of transfer in the message box.)
- Cheques made out to Harbour City Photography Club are to be mailed to HCPC, P.O. Box957, Station A, Nanaimo, BC, V9R 5N2
- Cash to Rooney Dumler (a receipt will be provided)
Preparation and Print Delivery
Registration and Digital Copies
The digital copy of the photograph must be in .jpeg format and sized to 1920 at long side and emailed or WeTransfered to Rooney Dumler at [email protected] by or before April 19th.
A registration form must be completed and submitted at the same time the digital copy is sent.
Click HERE for the registration form.
You will be notified by April 23rd if your photograph has been selected for the exhibition.
One the back of the prints include the following information:
- Image Title
- Sale price if applicable – All sales are between the photographer and the purchaser, the club or gallery will not be expected to participate.
Prints must be delivered to the Museum Gallery, 100 Museum Way, on May 6th.
Sold items can not be collected until the last day of the show.
There will be Peoples Choice Awards: First, Second, Third place
Club members will be invited to attend the Grand Finale Gala where the winners of the People Choice Awards will be awarded. It will be held at the gallery on Friday, June 23rd from 7:00 – 8:30PM. Forty ticket will be made available; first the participants, and then the other members.
- Now – April 19 – Registration forms and digital images must submitted to Rooney.
- April 19 – Exhibition fee must be paid (see above for payment options)
- April 23 – Thirty images will be selected by a club committee for the Mini-Salon Exhibition and photographers will be advised.
- April 23 – May 4 – Photographers prepare their images for hanging (refer to guidelines).
- May 5 – Images are to be delivered to Jordon Johns the gallery at the Nanaimo Museum.
- May 5 – 8 – Images with accompanying labels are hung. (Seller may include a business card)
- May 9 – Exhibition opens
- May 9 – June 24 – Exhibition is open to the public during the Museum Hours (10:00AM – 4:00PM Tuesday – Saturday)
- June 23 – “Grand Finale” Participants and other club members are invited (40 tickets) to attend a small reception in celebration of the exhibit and recipients of the Peoples’ Choice Awards. Winners and prize information including picture(s) will be sent out via e-mail, website and to the Nanaimo Bulletin newspaper.
- June 27th – Print are to be picked up from the Gallery
Registration for this exhibition is only considered complete when the digital images, registration form and fees are received.