- This event has passed.
Photo Salon 2022 – Environmental Photojournalism – Submission – Due Date
The timeline for entering photos into the non-adjudicated category, Environmental Photojournalism has been extended to May 15th.
During the 20th century Environmental Photojournalism has become a major tool in highlighting environmental awareness. Images in this category should explore the complex relationship between people and the environment and illustrate patterns of change on our planet brought about largely by man’s expanding presence. These patterns of change can include endangered environments and also threatened cultures.
- Environmental photography deals with documenting and commenting our surroundings. It’s often a tool for raising awareness of important environmental and conservation issues: ie. climate change, pollution, global warming, overpopulation, urban sprawl, water pollution, waste disposal, deforestation and logging, public health issues, genetic engineering, etc.
- The role of a photojournalist is to photograph and share images to the public to tell a visual story. They are professional journalists skilled at interpreting and communicating an event through a photograph. To that extent, pictures can often speak a thousand words.
- A combination of documentary photojournalism and environmental journalism. It’s a two-fold discipline inspired by those who study patterns of change on our planet, largely brought about by humanity’s expanding presence.
Images should not exceed 8″ x 10″ or 10″ x 10″ and must be mounted on core-board for display purposes.
There will be an $10.00 entry fee to be e-transfered to [email protected]
Please submit a digital copy of the image to [email protected].
Digital images must be sized to 1400 pixels on the longest side, regardless of the orientation. (Make sure you keep the original in full size for printing).
Please ensure your file name is the image title, as this is what the judges will see. Do NOT include your name and address.
For example: Sunset.jpg and NOT “Sunsetcopy4.jpg. The file name should NOT include your name or address.
In your WeTransfer or email please include the following:
- your name and address
- title of the image
- category to which it belongs
- very short description of the subject
You will be notified by the end of May if your image has been select to be hung in the gallery.