CAPA – Nature – Wildlife – Due Date
For this year there are 5 themes which are:
- Botanical – subjects such as wild flowers, plants, trees, fungi and algae. Germinated and grown without human assistance. No ‘hand-of-man’ can be present in the image.
- Insects, Reptiles & Amphibians – such as: ants, bees, beetles, butterflies, crickets, dragonflies, hornets, mantis, mosquitoes, wasps, alligator, snake, crocodile, gecko, iguana, lizard, turtle. Images can be taken in the wild or in a zoo-like setting. No ‘hand-of-man’ is permitted in the image.
- Nature – subjects such as animals, birds, insects, reptiles and marine subjects – under the control and feeding of humans if not obvious – such as zoos, game farms, botanical gardens, animal preserves, aquarium, etc… No feral or domestic animals are permitted. ‘Hand-of-man’ is permitted provided that it is deemed as an element of the “adaptive environment’ (e.g. barn owls) and consists of lest than 10% of image
- Landscape – subjects such as weather phenomena, geological formations, landscapes, seascapes and natural phenomena, planets, stars and astronomical events – ‘no hand-of-man’.
- Wildlife – ONLY living and untamed mammals, birds, insects, reptiles and marine subjects. No traditional zoos, open-range zoos, game farms or other areas where animals/birds are enclosed or confined. Nature parks considered natural environments because animals are not in ‘controlled conditions’. Wild animals and birds are permitted to have scientific bans, tags or radio collars – No ‘hand-of-man’ is permitted in the image.
Prior to submitting any photo in a CAPA competition, read the CAPA Eligibility relating to image submissions. – READ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA HERE.
Submissions must be in the .jpg or .jpeg format, with a maximum file size of 1.8 MB and sized as follows:
Landscape – 1400 pixels horizontally
Portrait – 1050 pixels verbally
Square – 1050 pixels on all size
Submission should be emailed to [email protected] by October 8, 2021.
As a club HCPC is only able to submit 6 images to CAPA for this competition, therefore all images submitted will be juried and the top 6 images will be submitted.