CAPA – Monochrome – Due Date
February 22, 2022
This competition will have five themes and each will be judged separately:
- Portrait – will primarily contact the likeness of a person(s) in which the facial expression is predominant but can be extended to include the entire body and the background.
- Landscapes – can include people, buildings, etc.
- Man-made Structures/Objects – includes cityscapes, buildings, transportation, still life, table top photography, etc.
- Flowers/Plants – wild or cultivated – ‘hand-of-man’ is permitted
- Animals/Birds – wild or domesticated – ‘hand-of-man’ is permitted.
A black and white work fitting from the very dark grey (black) to the very clear grey (white) is a monochrome work with the various shades of grey. A black and white work toned entirely in a single colour will remain a monochrome work able to stand in the black and white category. On the other hand a black and white work modified by a partial toning or by the addition of one colour becomes a colour work (polychrome) to stand in the colour category.
For full details see the CAPA Website – www.capacanada.ca – Competitions – Current Competitions – Monochrome
Prior to submitting any photo in a CAPA competition, read the CAPA Eligibility relating to image submissions. – READ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA HERE.
Submissions must be in the .jpg or .jpeg format, with a maximum file size of 1.8 MB and sized as follows:
Landscape – 1400 pixels horizontally
Portrait – 1050 pixels verbally
Square – 1050 pixels on all size
Submission should be emailed to [email protected] by February 22, 2022.
As a club HCPC is only able to submit 6 images to CAPA for this competition, therefore all images submitted will be juried and the top 6 images will be submitted.